When we couldn’t find the perfect bag to recommend to you for having outdoor fun faster, we decided to design and sell our own Happier Always-Ready Bag. And it’s become our best-selling product!
Back in August, Luci wrote the Happier Place Know-How article “Have Fun Faster with an Always-Ready Bag“. She recommends keeping a packed bag ready with all your outdoor essentials and favorites. The bag we had been using for that purpose was a smallish Dr. Seuss bag from Target. The size was great (about 6-pack size) – but the bag was far from ideal and not available for sale anymore anyway.
We started looking at online stores for just the right bag to recommend to you… and it turned out, we couldn’t find it. What’s the point of writing a Know-How article, if you can’t actually get what is being suggested? So we decided to figure out what makes for an ideal Happier Always-Ready Bag and find a manufacturer.
We ended up getting the bag and the handle from two different manufacturers (Texas and China, respectively) and assembling the final product ourselves in Fort Collins, Colorado.
What makes the Happier Always-Ready Bag so ideal:
- Perfect Size: Big enough to fit everything you’d always want to have with you… but small enough to fit inside your regular backpack or shoulder bag.
- Zipper: Nothing falls out.
- Short Removable Handle: Dangle it from your wrist, pull it out of your bigger bag – or remove handle and use it on something else.
- Natural canvas material with black accents: Looks good with everything and everywhere.
- Happier slogan and logo: inspiration to have more outdoor fun and be happier!
Of course, you don’t have to use this bag as an “Outdoor Fun Times” Always-Ready Bag. We know people who are using it as their to-go sewing kit, grab’n’go painting kit, dog ready-bag, and jewelry bag – to name just a few alternate purposes.
What should our next Happier Always-Ready Bag say?
As mentioned above, we’ve almost sold out of the first Happier Always-Ready Bag, which features the inspirational slogan: Take a break. Go outside. Have fun.
We’d love to hear your input on what our next bag should say (in the comment section below).
Here are a few options:
Do more of what makes you happier.
Stop. Look. Appreciate.
Be brave. Be kind. Be happier.
Let’s make the world a happier place.