How about bringing refreshing Margaritas To-Go on your next outing? They’re so easy to make and keep cool. We’ll show you how…
The Margarita is a classic tequila cocktail originally invented in Mexico. However, there are at least three different claims of who exactly invented it where and when: Francisco Morales in Ciudad Juarez (1942), Margarita Sames in Acapulco (1948) or someone at the Caliente Race Track in Tijuana (1930s).
One thing is for sure: the drink should neither be too sour, nor too sweet. To create our Happier Margaritas To-Go, Scott adds a double-dash of fresh-squeezed orange juice.
Ingredients for 5 Happier Margaritas To-Go:
7.50 oz. (220 ml) blanco tequila (aka silver tequila)
3.75 oz. (110 ml) Cointreau
3.75 oz. (110 ml) fresh lime juice (2 – 3 limes)
2.00 oz. (60 ml) fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
(Lime wedge + coarse salt, if you’re serving cocktails in glasses at home.)
- Squeeze limes and oranges to get fresh-squeezed lime and orange juice. (In emergency: can be substituted with store-bought bottled juices.)
- Pour silver tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and orange juice into a cocktail shaker or directly into your 750 ml Happier Place Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle.
- Add a few ice cubes and close lid of shaker/bottle.
- Pour cocktails into Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle (if you hadn’t already) to keep them cool for the next 24 hours.
- Add additional ice cubes if there’s room.
- Grab a few reusable cups, head to the great outdoors and enjoy the five cocktails with friends.
The classic Margarita recipe does not include fresh-squeezed orange juice. That’s just what makes our Margaritas happier. You can substitute Cointreau with Triple Sec.
If you’re serving Margaritas in a glass, wipe the rim of the chilled glass with a lime wedge; then dip the glass rim in a plate of coarse salt. Please don’t bring glass out into nature – you never know when someone might knock one over and spread glass shards everywhere.
Use cold ingredients to have a cold drink from the get-go. If using room-temperature ingredients, make sure you have plenty of ice mixed with the drink to cool it down.
In the Happier Place Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle, cold drinks will stay cold for up to 24 hours.
Thank you / Credit:
We based our Margaritas recipe on the classic recipe found in the Mr. Boston Official Bartender Guide 75th Anniversary Edition.
As you head out the door to enjoy your refreshing Happier Margaritas To-Go, please don’t forget that tequila is a very potent alcoholic spirit. Please don’t drink more than you know you can handle, beware of the sun blazing on your head – and please, never drink and drive! Cheers!
xx Luci + Scott
P.S.: Sometimes a Happy Place is better with just one person and one cocktail, so…
Ingredients for 1 Happier Margarita:
1.50 oz. blanco tequila (aka silver tequila)
0.75 oz. Cointreau
0.75 oz. fresh lime juice
dash of fresh orange juice
For glass: lime wedge, coarse salt